Monday, July 27, 2009

Announcements: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Rosary: The Rosary will be prayed after mass this Sunday for all of our generous benefactors. All are welcome to join us.

Gospel: Jesus is the bread of life. If you eat this bread, Jesus tells us that we will never hunger or thirst. The Eucharist is food for the journey in this life and the next. What this means is that the Eucharist will help us fulfill all of our appetites, including physical, emotional, and spiritual ones. It is also Viaticum, the food for transitioning between this life and the next.

Three Baptisms: Today, Monday, I will be baptizing three children from Clarks Point here at Holy Rosary: Raydon six years old, Halle ten, and Kristina fourteen.

Mission Talks: There are five Sundays in the month of August. I will be here for the first and last ones. The middle three I will be in and around Green Bay to give mission talks to help raise money for the Alaskan missions. One of those weeks I will be spending with Eric and Dawn in Wilmington, NC. Eric is the guy who is responsible for my conversion into the Catholic faith. We met when we were both attending college at UAF.

Website: I hope to keep you updated on my blog while I am traveling in August. I am hoping to watch the Green Bay Packers practice at Lambeau Field and will post the pictures.
www.holyrosaryalaska.org

Have a fantastic week and see you this Sunday…Fr. Scott

No comments: