Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:
Youth Potluck: Holy Rosary parishioners will be providing a potluck for the Catholic youth visiting from Anchorage. (6:00 PM, Thursday, July 9, 2009). All are welcome to join us and meet those youth from Saint Elizabeth Ann Seaton and Saint Benedict. Please bring your favorite dish.
Holy Rosary Schedule of events for youth visit. Please come and join us!
Monday, July 6th
1. 1:00 PM Youth arrive on Penair flight, load gear in truck, walk to Holy Rosary
2. Van From Beaver Bed and Breakfast, Susan, 842-7335
3. Set up basement of church and basement of rectory
4. Grocery shopping
Tuesday, July 7th
1. 9:00 AM Morning Mass at Holy Rosary
2. 10:00 AM-3:00 PM Community Service: Dillingham Cemetery (Janice 842-2475)
3. Clear trees for statue at Holy Rosary
4. Option: Subsistence fishing: High Tide 3:48 P.M.
Wednesday, July 8th
1. 10:00 AM Visit to Clarks Point (Chelsea 236-1448, Mariano 236-1294)
2. 11:30 AM Mass at Saint Peter Fisherman
3. Lunch at Clarks Point
Thursday, July 9th
1. 10:00 AM Sr. Center, (Gusty Bartman/Skit?), Mass 11:00 AM , Lunch ($4.50)
2. 1:00 to 3:00, Peter Pan tour (Sherry, 842-5415)
3. 3:00 to 4:00, Grammas’ House visit (Angeli, 842-3424) skip or singing/music.
4. 6:00 PM Pot Luck by Holy Rosary parishioners at basement of Holy Rosary
5. Bon Fire Holy Rosary Parking Lot following potluck
Friday, July 10th
1. 9:00 AM Mass at Holy Rosary
2. 10:00 AM Drive out to Lake, 21 Miles, Mountain climb, Fish.
3. 3:30 Check in at Airport, Youth depart on 5:30 flight
Penair AS3253, Anchorage to Dillingham, Departs 11:30 AM on Monday, June 6, Arrive 1:00 PM
PenairAS3256, Dillingham to Anchorage, Departs 5:30 PM on Friday, June 10
Gospel: Jesus sends out his apostles with only sandals and the shirt on their back. The message: simplicity of life is a way to increase our faith in God.
Iris in front of statue: Angela Clark and I flew to Clarks point and got some beautiful purple iris to plant in front of the statue of Mary. Karen Belleque also contributed some nice perennials. Thank you!
Have a great week and hope to see you at the potluck on Thursday…Fr. Scott