Monday, August 3, 2009

Announcements: 19th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Congrats: Congratulations to Spruce for her award winning video about footsteps in the sand. Her three minute video, which was entered through the Department of Veterans Affairs, won third place in the nation. She may be going to Florida to be recognized for this. I am currently in the process of getting her video digitalized and hope to show it at mass and/or put it on our Web site.

Gospel: The Gospel of John reminds us that Jesus is the bread of life. What is the significance of the Eucharist in your life? Join us this Sunday for a more in depth look at the Body of Christ. Aileen will be offering a communion service in my absence.

Emergency Contact while Traveling: I will be using a cell phone. If you need to reach me in the next few weeks you can call Holy Rosary and leave a message. I will be retrieving the phone messages from Holy Rosary, (907)-842-5581, while I am traveling. Also, I will be carrying a cell phone which is only good outside of Dillingham (no cell phone reception here in Dillingham). If you have an emergency please contact me at this cell number: (541) 350-6046. You may also call the chancery in Anchorage at (907) 297-7700. This weekend I will be at Good Shepherd Parish in Chilton, Wisconsin. Masses are Aug 8 Saturday at 4:00 PM and 7:30 PM; Sunday Aug 9 at 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM.

Thank You: Thanks Pat Durbin for tuning up my lawn mower. See below.

As you can see, Pat really gets into his work!



Have a fantastic week and remember to check out our website at
http://www.holyrosaryalaska.org/ for updates on my travels and mission talks. Fr. Scott


The small Village of Manakotak taken while I flew over last week.


No comments: