Monday, August 31, 2009

Announcements: 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Rosary: Recently I sent out twelve letters thanking Archdiocesan parishes for their fuel donations and asking them to continue with their support. After Mass this Sunday, to show our thanks for these generous parishes, we will pray a rosary for them. All are welcome to join us.

Fishing Gear: Pat Durbin has generously donated his subsistence gear to Holy Rosary Parish. Thank you very much Pat. Your kindness is greatly appreciated.

Thank you: I never have to worry about the Church/Rectory when I leave for extended periods of time, i.e. three week-ends. Everyone seems to pull together. The church and rectory were in ship shape when I returned. Thanks to all of you and especially Aileen for the communion services.

Priest Retreat/Finance meeting: I will be in Anchorage Sep 7-10 for a priest retreat. I will also be meeting with Sister Charlotte and other Archdiocesan Finance personnel to help resolve our financial short fall this last year. Angie and I have been putting together a report to deliver to them.

Repairs: In the next couple of weeks I hope to be finishing the trim on the outside of the new storm windows. Also, I hope to set up a new sign at the end of the driveway. Finally, I would like to get started on putting a shower in the basement of the church. We will probably have Anchorage Youth visit again next July.

Have a fantastic week and see you Sunday…Fr. Scott

No comments: