Monday, September 7, 2009

Announcements: 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Gospel: Peter is thinking like a human and Jesus gets upset with him. Have you ever tried thinking with the “mind of God” rather than thinking like a human. Thinking with the mind of God, for example, might look something like this: We not only need God, but God needs us as well. We are the Hands of God!

Easter Confirmation: I am getting together a list of those people who would like to become Catholic and those young adults who would like to be confirmed Catholic. I need to start working with people by the end of October. These people will be become full members of the Catholic Church or be Confirmed at the Easter Vigil 2010.

Thank-you – Thank you Bernie Venua for helping trim the outside windows of the rectory. These 10 windows are nearly complete. I need to purchase a few more cedar shingles in Anchorage to finish up.

Priest Retreat: I will be in Anchorage this week from Monday, Sep 7 through Thursday, Sep 10 on a Archdiocesan priest retreat. It will be at the Holy Spirit Retreat House on Hillside. I will also be attending a finance meeting with Sister Charlotte and Jim Caldarola.

Rosary: I was running behind this week and we did not get a chance to pray the rosary after mass for all our generous benefactors who have contributed to our heating fuel. I had to cancel it. We will try again after mass this Sunday, September 13, 2009. From the letters I have sent out to the Archdiocese of Anchorage parishes last week I have already received $600 from Sacred Heart in Seward (Fr. Dick Tero). Our fuel bill last month was $12,000 and the entire bill was paid for by Anchorage parishes. I believe that this generosity and kindness is a direct result of our praying the Rosary each month as a community. Thank you!

Have a fantastic week, God bless you, and see you Sunday…Fr. Scott

No comments: