Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Announcements: Palm Sunday

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Read-Out Volcano: Here are two pictures taken March 31, 2009, click on all pictures to see them larger.





Holy Week Celebrations: Holy Week starts with Palm Sunday (Mass at 12:30 PM). Palm Sunday will begin outside with the blessing of the Palms. Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil will begin at 6:00 PM. There will be no Easter Sunday Mass in Dillingham.

Thank you: Thanx to Aileen for coming to my rescue while I was stuck in King Salmon Sunday. Aileen has to be prepared to give a communion service every Sunday. She never knows when I may call her, but when I do, it is usually an hour before mass is suppose to begin (SHORT NOTICE). Aileen, thank you so much for your dedication and commitment. You do such an excellent job and you have such little time to prepare.

Palm Sunday Readings: We will be reading the Passion according to Saint Mark at Mass this Sunday. On Good Friday will re-visit the passion but read the Passion according to Saint John. I will be asking for volunteers to read one of the parts. If you would like to volunteer, please let me know. We need a narrator and a voice.

Annual Inspection: Tibbetts Airmotive has my airplane torn apart in the hanger at King Salmon. The annual inspection came up faster than I thought. After the engine change I totally forgot about the time of the annual, which was due March 15th. My series III physical is also due and I hope to pass that while I am in Anchorage for the chrism mass.

Have a wonderful week and see you Sunday…Fr. Scott

No comments: