Thursday, November 6, 2008

Announcements: Dedication of the Lateran Basilica

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Gospel Message: When is it appropriate to use anger? How many times did Jesus get angry in the bible? The Lateran Basilica is the cathedral of the Pope as Bishop of Rome. The readings point to the Church as the living people of God.

December 7, 2008 Baptism and Potluck: There will be a celebration after Mass for Josh and Kara. Please bring your favorite dish!

Advent Little Books: Everyone who attends mass the first Sunday of Advent will receive an advent guide. For every day of Advent there is one page to read with a prayer and message. The first Sunday of Advent is November 30th, 2008.

Thank you: Thanx to Aileen for the communion service while I was at my nieces wedding in Bend Oregon. Thanx to Pat Durbin for keeping an eye on Holy Rosary and fixing the frozen water.

God bless you all and have a fantastic week…Fr. Scott

Here are some pictures I took of my family and my nieces" wedding (Lutheran) while I was in Bend, Oregon last week.

My niece Kate's friends, with niece Angela (fourth from left next to the bride Kate) and niece Jennifer (far right), all who I teased while they were growing up.


My mom before the wedding sitting at home in here favorite chair.


My Dad's Marine photo: I took it with a digitalized camera and then uploaded it.


From left to right: Me, Josh the groom, Kate my niece, Mom, my sister Brenda, and my brother Skip. I was a bit under dressed as you can see.


My niece Kate is one happy gal!

No comments: