Thursday, May 28, 2009

Announcements: The Most Holy Trinity

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Lake Clark Pass: I took two pictures of Lake Clark Pass as I entered the West end. As you can see it was a gorgeous day. At the West end here I could either go left or straight ahead around the mountain. I went straight ahead. I had to turn the airplane side ways to get the pictures so the propeller would be out of the way. I was at 4,500 feet when I took the pictures.





Blessing of the Fleet: The blessing of the fleet is this Saturday, June 6th, at 2:00 PM. For more information please contact Angela Clark at 842-5331 for more information.

Prayers: Please keep William Tennyson in your prayers and all those who are struggling with cancer. After mass this Sunday, lets dedicate the Rosary to all those suffering from terminal illness.

Gospel: The Most Holy Trinity is one of the great mysteries in our Catholic tradition. God is one nature, yet three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Think of the roles of a woman who is a wife, mother, and Godparent. The Most Holy Trinity signifies the end of Easter Season and beginning of Ordinary Time.

Catholic Youth to Visit Dillingham: July 6-7-8-9-10 youth from Anchorage will be visiting Holy Rosary. If you know of someone who will lend us a van, please let me know. Also, please contact me if you know of any community service projects. The youth will be working in the community Tuesday, July 7.

My Schedule Next Week: I flew the airplane to Anchorage after the Memorial day blessing of the cemetery last week. I plan to return to Anchorage Monday, June first to help out with ACYC (a three day seminar and retreat for all youth of the Archdiocese of Anchorage) at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seaton. I will be at the vocations booth trying to interest young people in becoming religious brothers or sisters or priests. I also plan to fly the airplane to Valdez, Cordova, Glenallen, and Seward before flying back to Dillingham.

Thank you: Nora at Cracker box donated 50 Carnations for the cemetery Memorial Blessing. We put a carnation on every grave site. Thank you Nora H. Also, thank you Brian for volunteering to be altar server during the Blessing. For more about the Memorial Day Blessing of the cemetery see the pictures on
http://www.holyrosaryalaska.org/.

Have a wonderful week and God Bless you! Fr. Scott

No comments: