Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Announcements: 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Blessing of Animals: The Saint Francis Blessing of Animals will be this Saturday, October 4th, noon, at the Lutheran Church. Please bring your pets, i.e. fish, dog, cat, etc.

Prayers: Thank you for the prayers. My dad, John W. Garrett, died about ten minutes before I arrived. There was a harp player and chaplain present. It was a peaceful transition from life to death to life. My mother took my sister and I from Puerto Rico in the late 50’s back to Bend, Oregon. I was one-year-old when the three of us arrived in Bend. She married my dad shortly after, who adopted me and my name changed from Rose to Garrett. Johnny was the only dad I really knew. The way I could tell God was present with us after I arrived at the Hospital last week, is that my mom, sister, and I, the three of us, were the last ones to leave the hospital room, the same three that were there from the beginning. My dad choked on a piece of meat and was revived too late. There was already too much damage to his brain due to lack of oxygen.

Blessing of Statue: Since I was gone last weekend due to my dad’s death, I plan to bless the statue of Our Lady of Fatima this weekend after mass. Thanx to Aileen for providing the communion service in my absence.

Nativity Pieces: The nativity scene pieces are here. I hope to have then downstairs after mass this Sunday.

Fall Back: I think we set our clocks back November 2nd, but I have also heard October 25th. If you know for sure, let me know!

Gospel: In order to bear good fruit one has to be honest, noble, charitable, and put God before all else. Bearing good fruit comes after the Mass, when we go out into the community to minister to others.

If you do not go to the animal blessing on Saturday, I hope to see you all this Sunday, have a great day…Fr. Scott

No comments: