Monday, August 18, 2008

Announcements: 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

1. Baptism: To see pictures of Katelynn’s baptism, please go to the Holy Rosary Home Page or Click Here.

2. Statue of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima: Preparations are being made to move a 2000 to 3000 pound rock from Horizon Construction (Nome Rock) to Holy Rosary. The statue will be mounted on this rock. I have asked the advice Nora H, Bobbie B, and Angela C, concerning the location of the huge rock. I wanted to put it on the lawn in front of the church and wanted to be sure it did not look “too busy” or “too cluttered.” From my consultants, the lawn looks like a perfect place to put it.

3. Gospel: This coming Sunday, Jesus says to Peter, “On this rock I shall build my church.” Why does Jesus use the analogy of a rock?

4. Nativity Scene: Only a shepherd and two oxen remain to be donated. If you would like to donate one of these pieces, please contact me. Thank you to all who have donated so far.

5. Plane: The airplane engine should be ordered soon. We are currently trying to raise money for engine, paint, propeller, and maintenance.

6. Thank You: Thanx to Thomas C. who has donated some of his time trimming the trees and splitting wood. Also, thank you very much to the weed fairies who, during the night, completely weeded my flower beds. I know how tedious weeding is and I greatly appreciate it.

Take care, God bless, and have a great week…Fr. Scott

No comments: