Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:
1. Rosary: We will pray a rosary after this Sunday’s Mass. All are invited to pray for the generous benefactors who have helped to support our parish financially.
2. Nativity Scene: If you would like to donate a piece of the nativity scene, please contact me with the selection of your piece at email@example.com. Several pieces have already been donated. Please see the list and pictures on the web site holyrosaryalaska.org. I plan to order when all pieces have been donated. Thank you so much.
3. Statue: An outdoor statue of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Fatima has been ordered. It is 39 inches high. It should arrive in the next couple of months. It will be displayed in the church until we figure out where best to permanently display it outside. Suggestions are welcome.
4. Training: Keep your calendars open in September if you are interested in being a lector, extraordinary Eucharistic Minister, or altar server. Training will be after Sunday masses in September. More on this in the next couple of weeks.
5. Gospel: One way to interpret the Feeding of the 5000 is that it is about charity. All three readings point to the importance of charity in our world.
6. Airplane Grounded: Looks like I will be needing a new engine for the airplane. Metal was seen by the mechanic glittering in the oil. After three hours on the new filter, there was enough metal in it to ground the airplane. We are still waiting for tests of the metal but believe it is from the Cam Shaft.
Take care, God bless, and have a fantastic day…Fr. Scott