Dear Holy Rosary Mission Parishioners, here are a few announcements:
Thank you: Thanx to Monika Scott from the finance office in Anchorage for training us on the Logos accounting software. Angie has been using this software for three years and has never been trained. She was able to pick up some helpful hints on how to make her job easier. Monika went back five years and reconciled all of our accounts. Thank you Angie for donating your time this weekend. Monika told me that Angie was one of the best volunteers she has ever worked with because she does things right and learns quickly. Below, Angie Venua is on the left and Monika Scott is on the right.
Visitors: Joel Davidson, editor for the Catholic Anchor, is planning to visit Bristol Bay in the next couple of weeks. Arthur Roraff, seminarian for the Archdiocese of Anchorage, plans to visit around the 4th of July. Also, several youth from Anchorage will be arriving July 5 for a non-electronic community service retreat.
Gospel: The gospel for this weekend tells us that there is no time like the present to change something in our lives. Elisha in the first reading is procrastination. He does not want to accept his call from God. Finally, Elijah gave Elisha and ultimatum…either accept the role of prophet or reject it. If there is a unhealthy habit or a bad attachment you have to something, now is the time to change!
Thank you: Thank you to Brian for playing a beautiful song on the piano during the preparation of the Altar. The instrumental he played helped us reflect on the great mystery of the Eucharist. Outstanding job Brian V!
Thank you: Thank you to Jane Bennett, Nora Johnson, and Angela Clark who have been planting flowers around Holy Rosary. The place is looking beautiful!
Youth Visit and Weekday Mass: While the youth are here we will have mass every day from Tuesday, July 6 t Friday, July 9. Here is what the schedule looks like so far:
Holy Rosary Youth Schedule of Events, July 2010
UPDATED JUNE 21, 2010
Monday, July 5th
1. 1:00 PM Youth arrive, load gear, walk to Church
2. Two Vans from Beaver B&B, Susan, 842-7335
3. Fr. Scott Briefing I, Bush Living
4. Set up basement of church and basement of rectory
5. Dillingham tour
6. Dinner, Holy Rosary
Tuesday, July 6th
2. Adoration: 8:30
3. 9:00 AM Morning Mass at Holy Rosary
4. Community Service: Roto till front of Dillingham Library, fertilize, plant grass, Janice
5. 5:00, Dinner, Holy Rosary
Wednesday, July 7th
2. 8:30, Adoration before Travel
3. Fr. Scott Briefing II – Flying with VanAir
4. 9:30 AM Visit to Clarks Point and Ekuk (Kara Ingram)
5. 11:30 AM Mass at Saint Peter Fisherman
6. Lunch at Clarks Point
7. Call and confirm Gramma’s, Sr. Center
8. 5:00, Dinner, Holy Rosary
Thursday, July 8th
1. 8:30 AM Adoration
2. 10:00 AM Sr. Center, Mass 11:00 AM , Lunch at noon ($4.50 per person)
3. 2:00 to 3:00, Grammas’ House visit, skit, singing, music.
4. 3:30 to 5:30, Peter Pan tour (Sherry, 842-5415)
5. 6:00 PM Pot Luck by Holy Rosary parishioners at basement of Holy Rosary
6. Bon Fire Holy Rosary Parking Lot following potluck
Friday, July 9th
2. 9:00 AM: Confessions at Holy Rosary
3. 10:00 AM Drive out to Lake, 21 Miles, Mountain climb, Fish.
4. 11:00 Outdoor Mass at the Lake
5. 3:30 Check in at Airport, Youth depart on 5:30 flight
Penair AS3253, Departs ANC 11:30 AM on Monday, June 6, Arrive DLG 1:00 PM
PenairAS3256, Departs DLG 5:30 PM on Friday, June 10
Have a fantastic week and see you Sunday…Fr. Scott