Monday, March 16, 2009

Announcements: 4th Sunday of Lent

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

Prayers: Please keep William Tennyson and Pat Durbin in your prayers. William is struggling with cancer and Pat with a heart condition.

Gospel: In the Gospel, John talks about coming into the light. All of us, at one time or another, have experienced coming from darkness into the light. “Whoever lives the truth comes to the light.” Saint John of the Cross, in his writings about the Long Dark Night of the Soul, says that we find light in darkness.

Holy Week: Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil will begin at 6:00 PM. There will not be an Easter Sunday Mass in Dillingham.

Rosary: Please join us in praying the rosary after Mass the first Sunday of every month.

Uncovered Gem: Abbot Justin, OSB, whom I met at Saint Andrew when I was training to be a pastor, gave me a silver colored chalice for my first assignment here in Dillingham. Come to find out it is solid sterling silver and appraised at nearly $7,000. I hope to be using the newly refinished Chalice next week.

Convocation: I will be in Talkeetna this week, until Thursday afternoon, attending a priest seminar about stem cell research and cloning. I hope to share some of the information I receive with all of you in the near future.

Mass of Oils: Please let me know if you will be in Anchorage Tuesday, March 31. If possible, I would like you to attend the Mass at the Cathedral to receive the oils for Holy Rosary. I will be there as well to renew my priestly vows.

Have a fantastic week and enjoy the sunshine…Fr. Scott

No comments: