Monday, September 8, 2008

Feast of the Triumph of the Cross

Dear Holy Rosary Parishioners, here are a few announcements:

1. Nativity Scene: The plaque with the names of those who donated nativity scene pieces is hanging by the door of the sacristy. The nativity scene pieces all have been ordered and should be here in a couple of weeks.

2. Statue of Our Lady of Fatima: I should have the statue permanently attached to the rock when you come to church this week. There is a write up in Bristol Bay times about the statue.

3. Marriage couples: I am currently working with two couples who are moving toward getting married in the church. These two couples would benefit if they could meet with another catholic married couple. Are you interested? If so, please contact me for more details.

4. Rosary: Thank you to all who stayed after mass and prayed the rosary. Praying the rosary as a community is a fantastic way to build the Kingdom of God. Next rosary will be the first Sunday of October after Mass.

5. Gospel: The Feast of the Exaltation or Triumphant of the cross will be celebrated this Sunday. The story of finding the true cross is remarkable and I will share that story at Mass this Sunday.

6. Website: If you have an interesting topic you would like to see on the website, holyrosaryalaska.org, please let me know. I will do what I can to discuss it. If you would like to write something about the church, scripture, of anything relating to the Catholic faith, send it my way and I will post it.

Have a fantastic week…Fr. Scott

No comments: